Sunday, May 17, 2009

Urban Blooms, last week's city garden


I have been MIA with the blog here, my apologies! I was able to snag a few pics of the backyard garden last week. Have a look:

Above, these heirloom brown and yellow irises are an old fashioned variety from my husband's grandmother's garden in Connecticut. They are very hardy plants that seem to grow and bloom no mater what kind of conditions they see. Our concrete backyard seems to make them happy, blooming more every year.

A handful of wildflowers from my daughter, fresh buttercups, always a springtime beauty!

Purple saliva, sage that is super drought tolerant, this one should bloom for a while.

I am so excited about the growing season. Check back for more urban gardening pics. I am determined to have a flower garden in the heart of a concrete neighborhood. This month, it has been 5 years and our garden gets better every year!

No comments: